If you are interested in serving your community but do not have the time or physical ability to become a firefighter, CERT may by a good fit for you. Our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) volunteers are a group of community members who are ready respond as an auxiliary to the fire department in the event of a major disaster. CERT team members:
- Receive 20 hours of training delivered over 4 weekend days.
- Learn techniques in the areas of: first aid, light search and rescue, fire extinguisher use, medical triage, emergency communication and more.
- Participate in periodic drills/exercises on a volunteer-friendly schedule.
- Learn how to remain safe while helping others.
- Assist Fire and other Emergency response personnel in the event of a large-scale disaster.